Why You’ll Love This Job
We are seeking an experienced Accountant to join our growing team! This position will work exclusively with the Family Office division of The Arnold Companies, in Texarkana, Texas, performing a variety of accounting functions related to corporate and personal activities. This position will report to the Senior Manager for Accounting and Finance of The Arnold Companies Family Office Division and will have a large amount of autonomy.
- Maintain an accurate general ledger, including account analyses, posting journal entries and reconciliations in a fast paced, demanding work environment.
- Coding/posting of various company and family expenses.
- Review and post Journal Entries for all Investment Accounting.
- Maintain newly implemented family office ERP system, eventually becoming SME and training future staff.
- Preparing financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement) for review by owner and Senior Leadership.
- Prepare for annual audits.
- Prepare annual budgets/forecasts.
- Perform Ad Hoc reporting and projects as needed.
- Other tasks/responsibilities, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or other major with extensive coursework in Accounting
- CPA designation, or eligibility.
- Able to maintain the highest level of discretion of company information.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in Corporate Accounting or Public Accounting with a large organization/firm.
- Must be able to perform under strict deadlines and effectively in high-stress situations. Must be able to perform effectively autonomously, as well as with a team.
- Effective communicator with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in posting journal entries, implementing internal controls and compiling consolidated financial statements.
- Background in preparing operating budgets, as well as financial forecast models.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel (PivotTables, SUMIFs, Lookups, What-if Analysis).
- Understanding of marketable securities (equities, bonds etc.).
- Master’s degree in Accounting, MBA or other post-graduate degree.
- Experience working with large general ledgers with multiple subsidiaries and reporting units.
- Understanding/Experience in Investment Accounting (Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Fair Value Hedges)
- Experience with Microsoft BI.
- Experience with HNWIs.
Engagement Type:Self Service