Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you ever wonder how something gets from the factory to your door? Would you like the stability of an established company that has been able to retain all its employees during these uncertain times, while earning a competitive starting rate of $16.00/hour? Here’s your opportunity to work with jets and become an important part of the supply chain of delivery. As an Aircraft Cargo Handler at our Buffalo Niagara International Airport location in Cheektowaga, NY, you will join an exciting team that provides ground support to arriving and departing aircraft.
TAC Air’s mission is to provide exceptional service to every customer, every day. The work environment at TAC Air is one where our teammates enjoy their work because they have taken responsibility for the success of the company.
Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen and clearing the criminal history records check to attain an airport badge.
Preference will be given to candidates who have received their COVID vaccinations.
- The physical loading and unloading of freight and cargo to and from aircraft up to 50 lbs.
- Aircraft deicing.
- Operating various motorized equipment (tugs, belt loaders, push back tugs, deicing trucks, forklift and aircraft tow tractor and more).
- Working outside in various Buffalo, NY weather conditions.
- We train you to be safe and confident working hands on in the aviation world.
Aircraft Cargo Ground Support must meet the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid state drivers license
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Comfortable with computer skills
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous aviation/FBO experience
While performing the duties of this job, the Aircraft Cargo Ground Support is:
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
While performing the duties of this job, the Aircraft Cargo Ground Support is occasionally exposed to:
- Wet and/or humid conditions
- Moving mechanical parts
- High, precarious places
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Extreme cold and extreme heat
- Moderate noise level
Engagement Type:Source & Screen