Why You’ll Love This Job
You can work with private jets!
Do you enjoy outdoor work that includes a variety of tasks and responsibilities? Are you interested in working in the aviation services industry?
As a Ramp Coordinator, you will provide ground support to arriving and departing aircraft, and customer service for crew members and their passengers.
TAC Air’s mission is to provide exceptional service to every customer, every day. By doing this, our customers will recognize TAC Air as the best in the industry.
TAC Air believes this level of service also builds strong customer loyalty, ensuring our continued success. The environment at TAC Air is one where our teammates enjoy their work because they have taken responsibility for the success of the company.
Ramp coordinators are expected to perform the following tasks, including but not limited to:
- Prompt, accurate and safe movement of passengers, pilots, aircraft and other vehicles
- Marshal aircraft, including the proper placement of chocks and cones
- Greet passengers and pilots
- Wing walking
- Shuttle passengers and pilots safely to the airline terminal or nearby hotels
Required Skills & Qualifications
Extensive aviation safety and customer service training provided for Ramp Coordinators.
Ramp Coordinators must meet the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid state drivers license
While performing the duties of this job, the Ramp Coordinator is:
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include:
- Close vision
- Distance vision
- Peripheral vision
- Depth perception
While performing the duties of this job, the Ramp Coordinator is occasionally exposed to:
- Wet and/or humid conditions
- Moving mechanical parts
- High, precarious places
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Extreme cold and extreme heat
- Moderate noise level
Engagement Type:Source & Screen