Why You’ll Love This Job
- Coordinate fuel orders to ensure best sourced and on-time deliveries.
- Follow instructions set by Sales, Trading, and/or Credit in the customer’s dispatch notes.
- Troubleshoot loading issues while mitigating additional costs to the company. Communicate issues to appropriate departments when necessary.
- Analyze sourcing opportunities to optimize the company’s purchases by routinely checking freight rates, arbitrages, market moves, day deals, and more.
- Provide a high-level of customer service and support via phone or electronic communication. Maintain a helpful and pleasant demeanor even during difficult situations.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with counterparties including customers, carriers, third party logistics, and suppliers.
- Monitor select customer inventory and schedule deliveries according to the appropriate strategy (just in time, keep fill, market-driven, etc.).
- Navigate supplier websites to locate product allocations, carrier clearances, Bill of Ladings, and loading information. Perform Global Product Overrides (GPO) and carrier clearance requests when necessary.
- Locate customer information using the company’s systems including, but not limited to, account number, contacts, invoice/order numbers, location information, credit lines and balance, freight rates, and quoted price.
- Maintains good records and notes for orders using the Incident Reporting and Rolled/Retained Loads database.
- Validate customer demurrage claims and authorize a Demurrage Retain Release number when approved.
- Resolve retained loads with the support of the Sales team quickly and efficiently.
- Generate daily supply and demand reports for regions that require additional oversight.
- Follow up with carriers when deliveries appear to be approaching the end of the delivery window without loading.
- Other duties as needed
- Understand and possess the ability to use business and industry software solutions including Microsoft Office core suite, ADDS E3, DTN TABS, and internal software.
- Must be capable of setting priorities and working under pressure.
- Understand and utilize customer-specific ordering processes.
- Capable of managing multiple email inboxes to ensure quick responses to coworkers, customers, and other counterparties.
- Ability to work well with team members and other departments.
- Understanding of the organizational chart to successfully direct calls and inquiries.
- Ability to use phone system to successfully enter/exit the call queue, place short holds, and transfer calls.
The S&L Coordinator position is entry-level and requires little to no prior work experience.
- High School graduate; Associate’s Degree or higher preferred.
- Some work experience preferred but not required.
- Collaborative, adaptive, and professional.
- Ability to pass drug screen.
The S&L Coordinator is an hourly position with varied hours. The department operates 24/7/365 with at least one person on shift. Shifts are fairly fixed by employee with designated nights and weekend personnel. Each S&L Coordinator has the ability to cover other shifts when needed.
Engagement Type:Self Service